New students: Please check out our Class Registration Page to reserve your spot in class. Arrive 15 minutes early to sign in and prepare for class. Minimum age is 14. Anyone under the age of 18 must have the signature of a parent or legal guardian before his/her first class in order to participate.
Before coming to class…
- Eating and drinking: After a large meal, allow 2 hours before practicing yoga. Be hydrated before coming to class.
- What to wear: Comfortable, stretchy clothes that are not too loose. Women usually wear shorts/capris or yoga pants, sports bra and tank top. Men usually wear shorts or lightweight athletic pants over compression shorts and a t-shirt or tank.
- Bring: A yoga mat, towel, and water. We have everything if you choose to borrow. Water is available for $1.
- Avoid: Wearing perfumes or cologne.
- Please consult with your doctor about any injuries before attending class.
When you arrive…
- Shoes: Remove your shoes before entering the practice studio. It is best to practice barefoot.
- Mobile phones: Please turn your cell phone off or leave it outside the studio.
- Communicate: If you have any injuries, limitations, or concerns, please notify your instructor before class begins so they can help you stay safe.
- Enter the room: When you enter the room, please enter quietly.
- Other people’s mats: Please respect others’ practice space by not stepping on mats.
During your yoga class…
- If you need a rest: Take child’s pose.
- Communicate: If you feel confused, are having trouble or are experiencing any pain, let your instructor know.
- Follow your instructor’s cues: If there is a pose you feel you cannot or should not do, please let your instructor know so she can provide a modification or an alternative.
- If you are late: If you arrive more than ten minutes after class has started, please come back for another class.
- Relaxation: Every class ends lying down with eyes closed. This is a very important part of your yoga class. Your instructor will let you know when it’s time to come out of the pose.
- Leaving class early: If you need to leave early, please let your instructor know before class begins. Give yourself a short relaxation period before leaving. Be quiet as you collect your items, return your props, and depart the room.
- If you borrowed a mat: Please wipe it down with the towels and spray provided.
- Communicate: Let your instructor know if you have any questions or concerns about your yoga practice.
- Please keep your voice low in the tranquil environment and be mindful of others.